Adventure by nature
JOIN THE ADVENTURE
Discover stunning nature and cycle with us in the northern part of Patagonia. You can join in anywhere and be part of it as long as you want. It’s all about experience. You find the framework of this incredible route HERE.
Also in this journey we contribute and give attention to something we think is cool.
Wheel the World is a young and social company residing in starting point Santiago. Their mission is to raise awareness of people with disabilities as active people who search to live their life fully. They inspire with stories of overcoming, fellowship and love. Wheel the World organises travel experiences and also stimulates exercise (through cycling) for people with a physical handicap in Santiago. It’s about improving personal development and de-stigmatise people with a handicap. We will have an event in the weekend when the journey takes off. The money we collect will be used to build special travel wheelchairs – called the ‘Francesa Joelette’ – suitable for trekkings. Here’s a video but we suggest to visit their website and check more of their inspiring video’s.
“Focus on what is possible and not what is impossible. Whether it’s you, me, or handicapped people. Change, act and Become.”
Start of this journey will be in the weekend of 10-12 January in Santiago. End of the trip will be the weekend of the 7th of February. A bus to Pucon will take us to the starting point in Patagonia. If you want to join coming from another place, the easiest points to join are Pucon or Bariloche. To keep the quality of an ‘extraordinary experience’ the number of people to join on the total trip is limited to 7. Accommodation will be with locals, campsites, free camping, and hostels.
- It’s a self-sustaining cycling adventure with an international group.
- We have arranged activities for the weekend and we will leave to Pucon on sunday evening or monday morning.
- You are responsible for taking your own bicycle with you unless you ask us to arrange bicycle (and Ortlieb cycling bags).
- We always work with great flexibilty and encourage people to discover and connect, also by themselves.
- New environment, new experience, new mindset.
There are costs involved for those cycling the larger parts of this journey. Not for people who cycle with us for a day. If you are in it for the long run, you will pay for the projects and organisation.
- You pay and arrange your own flights.
- You will raise / pay a minumum of 1500 euro for the social projects and the organisation of the trip. This amount includes the return trip Santiago – Pucon. There is no maximum contribution so knock yourself out. Every euro will be invested in the social project and the Cycling for Stars foundation.
Raising money can be done for example per kilometer. To give you an idea family, friends, work, local grocery, companies would all sponsor X km and every km on the road would have the equivalant of let’s say 1 euro. This is not only a financial matter but it will involve more people in the Cycling for Stars project as a whole and the small scale social projects we support through cycling. It will also attract people who are motivated to look at this trip more than just a cheap holiday opportunity.
Get in touch if you’re interested. Have any questions, drop us a line.
Support this project? Buy a travel wheelchair